- Sugar Black Rose Auto -
Autoflowering in plants refers to an automatic switch from vegetative growth to the flowering phase. This process differs from that of typical strains which depend on a specific photoperiod of varying light and darkness. The autoflower grow process is fairly quick and efficient as plants may be ready to harvest within 10 weeks. Some common autoflowering strains like Auto Dark Purple, Sugar Black Rose Auto and lots of more are in this range from 10 weeks.
Origin of the autoflower
Native to the harsh climates of Russia, central Europe, and central Asia, ruderalis was officially identified in the wild regions of South Siberia by Janischewski, a Russian botanist, back in 1924. The origins of autoflowering cannabis are still debatable.
How to grow the best Autoflowers
Most growers of autoflowering strains prefer a light cycle of 20 hours of light and 4 hours of darkness per day. The short growth phase makes it necessary to use this time as effectively as possible and to maximise the growth of the plants. It is even posible to give 24 hours of light in the vegetation phase.
Also it is the best to germinate directly in to the final médium as an Autoflowering strain`s roots grow directly down untill they touch the bottom of the médium and then directly go in to flowering stage from thereself.
- Short life span with many going from seed to harvest in under 13 weeks (some as short as seven weeks)
- Can be kept short in stature for "stealth" growing
- The Cannabis ruderalis heritage causes flowering after 2–3 weeks from germination
- No need for a separate vegetative and flowering environment (unlike with photoperiod dependent/ short-day strains)
- Due to short life span can be grown in cold climates where summers are short and cold
- Can produce multiple harvests outdoors in one season
We hope you this blog helped you a bit further and always feel free to send us a message or mail with any question, also check our wide range of Autoflowers on the website .